Friday, September 10, 2010

The Fun is Starting to Begin!

The countdown is only 16 days until the official move. . .well assuming we get everything in order for the dogs. That is long story that should be told on its own. We will wait for that one until there is a happy ending that does not terminate in, "if you arrive in Switzerland without the proper documentation, you have 10 days to return your pet to its original place or origin or it will be put down".  Until we know that this sentence does not apply to us, we'll keep the dog stories out of this.

In the mean time, Scott and I have both started traveling a bit for the new jobs. He is in Switzerland for 2 weeks for training and is enjoying learning the job. He sent this picture of the sun setting over Lake Geneve tonight. It sounds like he is having fun and even found a Mexican restaurant tonight. I know he is also anxious to get home and make the move.



I was also in Athens, Greece last week for a business review and some interviews for a position in Turkey.  The office there is fairly small with about 35 people but they were incredibly welcoming and excellent hosts.  On my final night, I spent some time walking around and got to see the flea market, The Acropolis and several other interesting sights. I, of course, got lost on the walk home but ended up safe and sound.



As we are heading into the final stages of the relocation, I would say it's safe to say we are more excited than ever before and also more stressed out.  Day by day we are getting closer and closer and before I know it, I will be driving the manual mini van that has already been reserved for our first few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment