Friday, October 22, 2010

Switzerland, Hong Kong, France and the Netherlands in 5 Days. . .Oh My!!

What does your dinner look like when you're on your 4th country in 5 days? Well, a bag of apples and a stick of Gouda in the airport.


It has been an exciting couple of weeks for the Rickaby/Bechtel household.  I was in Hong Kong last week for an HR Leaders Meeting and then a Recruiters Forum. It was great to get to meet some of the folks I have been working with in person. Below is a group shot.



We had some fun in the lady's market and Rebecca was our best negotiator. I even bought a painting (I'm not sure Scott loves all of the gold in it).

Rachel and I  "enjoyed" some Peking Duck.

After a brief security breach on my way home, I missed my connection but finally arrived back in Geneve Saturday morning just in time for French lessons with Olivier. The weather in Switzerland is starting to get very cold but it is beautiful as the leaves are changing color and starting to fall.

The next day, we drove to Annecy, France which is just about 90 minutes away and is known as the, "Venice of France".  It was absolutely gorgeous. It has a wonderful lake surrounded by mountains and a few canals which are lined with restaurants and shops. It was a wonderful and pleasant day besides Deacon jumping into the lake which was practically freezing. We finished our trip with crapes by the canal before we went to look for cars.





This Tuesday, I flew to Amsterdam for the day to conduct a strengths finder coaching session with our compliance team. It was a good training and a long day. Scott also drove 6 hours to our office in Balerna and back to fix a network issue. Needless to say, we were happy to be home that night.

In other news, Izzie turned 4 last week!

I will be in Dubai all next week and Scott will be traveling as well but he isn't sure where quite yet. My only big plan for the weekend is to get my tulips planted before it really starts to freeze.

We hope you all have a great weekend. We're counting down the days to Nick and Jessica's wedding and also Katy's visit over Thanksgiving.

Ashleigh

1 comment:

  1. Love the updates.... you KNOW I am so excited to visit! I absolutely cannot wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete