Thursday, April 21, 2011

Spring has Sprung

Wow how the time has flown by.  It has been two months since our last post and going on 7 months since we relocated to beautiful Switzerland and it certainly is beautiful this time of year.  A lot has gone on since our previous post and I figured it was time for a quick update before this nice long Easter weekend.

Over the past couple of months Scott and I have both been crazy busy at work but there has been a lot of play along with our work.  I have traveled to South Africa, Romania, Dubai and Poland and although Scott has not traveled quite as much, he has taken several trips as well.  The highlight of my trips was a safari through the sand dunes in Dubai. It was great fun and ended at a camp where we could try snowboarding on the sand, riding camels and all types of other fun. I will not give you all the pleasure of seeing my big wipe out on the sand as I tried to "sand board". It is the perfect reason I prefer to stick to the lodge with a hot tottie and let Scott enjoy the snow on the slopes.


The other exciting part of my last couple of months is that I finally have a full team at work! I have 3 new people who have started on my team and so far they are all fantastic. I am thrilled to have them and they are getting along brilliantly. Hopefully the crazy hours at work are starting to die down just in time for our visitors to start coming this summer.

In addition to traveling for work, we have been able to enjoy a few local treats as well. We went to a near by Carnival celebration/parade and saw some really interested costumes. Several of them were R rated so here's a tame one of a band. We also enjoyed the Cully Jazz Festival which was in underground wine cellars. Very cool.

Other than these, we have been spending lots of time enjoying the beautiful weather and our home. My tulips are just blooming this week (those that weren't trampled by the horse size dog that lives here) and we've been taking many walks in the country. The scenery is just too nice not to post so here are a few pictures.







Well, we are off to Strasbourg on Friday and then to Luxembourg to spend Easter with Nick and Jessica Saturday through Tuesday. We will post more pictures and tales of our trip when we return. In the mean time, I'll leave you with a picture of the pups and a wish to you all for a very Happy Easter.


Love, Scott and Ashleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment